As a part of The Elevation Foundation, The Elevation Scholars Program focuses on educational inequality in the United States, primarily in Central Florida. The goal is to prepare high-achieving students from low-income families for acceptance into the nation’s most selective colleges and universities.
Elevation believes that:
- There are academically high-performing, low-income students in Orange County.
- They require unique preparation for the level of college opportunity they have earned.
- This is due, in part, to the daily challenges they must overcome to achieve academic success.
- Absent change, this educational inequality will reinforce a cycle of neighborhood-based poverty.
It IS within reach to change this reality.
Visit www.theelevationscholars.org to learn more about the Elevation Scholars Program.
Click here to view the current Elevation Foundation newsletter.
Dec 13, 2017 Posted In Articles
In September, a group of Elevation students had the opportunity to go on a three-day college visit. Our students toured…
16+ million children growing up in poverty in US; only 9% of those children will receive Bachelor’s Degree by age 25. A student with a bachelor’s degree earns 65% more in their lifetime than a student who only earns a high school diploma.
Launched in 2013, The Elevation Scholars Program now serves hundreds of students at Orange County’s Title 1 high schools through two main efforts:
- The Elevation Scholars Award – a national level college admissions award provided to high-performing, high-need students who have dreams of attending the nation’s elite colleges and universities
- Winners chosen annually from our four partner schools
- Five years, $20,000 value commitment and award package encompassing holistic support for the applicants’ college needs
- Admissions assistance and ongoing staff support starting after their junior year in high school and continuing through their graduation from college
- Elevation Scholars Club –an interactive space for high-performing students to build their dreams and maximize their college options while developing them into generational world-transformers. Membership begins in the ninth grade at participating schools and students:
- Gain a significant amount of information, exposure and experiences essential to attain college admissions
- Learn college survival skills from UCF Burnett Honors College
- Connect with local professionals in various fields to expand and clarify career options
- Enjoy new experiences to broaden their horizons
If you would like to learn more about The Elevation Foundation contact Scott Lee at SLee@elevationfinancialgroup.com.