With a mission to transform distressed communities by elevating entrepreneurship globally and educational opportunity locally, the Elevation Foundation, a 501(c)3 public charity, launched in 2014.
Similar to Elevation Financial Group, The Elevation Foundation aims to transform distressed communities, locally in the Central Florida community and globally in Africa and Haiti. Focusing on development, rather than relief, the Foundation is passionate about helping others while making a positive impact in the world.
A Focus on Development
The Elevation Foundation believes that development is a long-term commitment to attacking societal inequalities and developing transformative leaders. The Foundation does this through innovative business and educational practices. Our focus lies in two areas:
- Elevation Scholars Program – a partnership of The Elevation Foundation, the University of Central Florida and Orange County Public Schools, this nationally innovative program aspires to address the systemic educational problem of “under matching” by working with low-income, high performing, high school students from Title 1 Orange County schools and assisting them in preparing to be admitted to, in paying for, and competing with strength, at the nation’s most elite public and private colleges and universities.
- Elevation Global Initiative – working with partners in Haiti & Africa, we focus on economic development through social entrepreneurship and the growth of for-profit businesses. The Initiative trains and supports social entrepreneurs who build businesses that tackle social problems, create jobs and promote the rise of sustainable enterprise.
Dec 13, 2017 Posted In Elevation Scholars
In September, a group of Elevation students had the opportunity to go on a three-day college visit. Our students toured…
“We are living in a phenomenal age. If we can spend the early decades of the 21st century finding approaches that meet the needs of the poor in ways that generate profits and recognition for business, we will have found a sustainable way to reduce poverty in the world.” – Bill Gates
A Business Mindset
The Elevation Foundation believes that bringing a business mindset to our philanthropic efforts delivers the greatest results. We accomplish this by:
- Rigorously defining success and measuring progress in our programs
- Demanding a social return on our charitable investment
- Being active philanthropic investors rather than passive donors
- Having clear underwriting standards for our philanthropy
- Practicing the same discipline for our non-profit work as we do in our for-profit work
- Negotiating clear performance standards in our charity partnerships
If you would like to learn more about the Elevation Foundation contact Scott Lee at SLee@elevationfinancialgroup.com